A dental crown is a restoration we use to improve the health, function, and appearance of your smile. The restoration acts as a cap that covers the visible portion of the tooth. How do we create and place dental crowns? What can you expect from this process, and is it true we can make them in just one visit?
Try Our Quiz on Creating and Placing Dental Crowns
- True or False: We can use them to address a number of oral health concerns.
- True or False: We can create and place them in one sitting.
- True or False: They will be made using lifelike material.
- True. Since they cover the entirely of the tooth’s visible portion, protecting from decay and reinfection, we can use them as part of our root canal procedures or as a way to combat severe decay. They can anchor a dental bridge in place or restore a single tooth dental implant. We can also employ them to repair a broken, chipped, or fractured tooth. If you have cosmetic issues, they can reshape a tooth.
- True. You don’t need to wear a temporary for one to two weeks any more. Instead, we will prepare the tooth (removing a small amount of structure) and then take detailed digital impressions. Using CAD/CAM technology, the CEREC machine will then mill a crown from a slid block of ceramic using 3D computer we created. After we check the fit, we can use a powerful bonding agent to place the restoration, all in the same visit!
- True. We use ceramic because the material is not only stain-resistant, but can mimic the appearance of tooth enamel. In addition, the material is very strong and can withstand powerful bite forces.
ABOUT YOUR ELK GROVE VILLAGE, IL, COSMETIC DENTIST:
Dr. Brent Engelberg and our highly-skilled team proudly serve patients and their families from Arlington Heights, IL, and all surrounding communities, including: Northbrook, Deerfield, Highland Park, Wilmette, Winnetka, Glencoe, Vernon Hills, Lincolnshire, Libertyville, Skokie, Evanston, Palatine, Schaumburg, Elk Grove Village, Rolling Meadows, and the Northern and Northwest Chicago Suburbs. To learn more, schedule a consultation online, or call our office today at 847-259-8030.