A restoration corrects problems with a tooth while also protecting it from further decay, infection, or damage. A dental crown is a common restoration and one we use frequently to help patients. In the past, the placement process took between two and three visits and often necessitated the wearing of a temporary in between visits. However, we’re proud to offer our patients a chance to receive a crown in one visit.
Try Our Quiz on One-Visit Crowns
- True or False: We can address a variety of oral health issues with them.
- True or False: We can design and place them in a single sitting.
- True or False: You don’t need to bite down on sticky impressions.
- True or False: The completed crown will look completely natural.
- True. We can fix tooth decay, complete a root canal, and repair cracked or chipped teeth. We can also reshape teeth with cosmetic issues, anchor a dental bridge in pace, and even restore a single tooth dental implant.
- True. First, we prepare the tooth by removing a small amount of structure, we then take detailed impressions. Using the CEREC system, we can mill a completed crown from a single block of ceramic. We can then place the retraction with a powerful bonding agent, all in the same visit.
- True. Instead, we can take digital impressions. Using a small wand with a camera on the end, known as an intraoral camera, we can take a number of pictures comfortably in seconds, which we use to design the restoration.
- True. The ceramic we use can mimic tooth enamel and even be shaded to better match the rest of your smile.
ABOUT YOUR ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, IL, COSMETIC DENTIST:
Dr. Brent Engelberg and our highly-skilled team proudly serve patients and their families from Arlington Heights, IL, and all surrounding communities, including: Northbrook, Deerfield, Highland Park, Wilmette, Winnetka, Glencoe, Vernon Hills, Lincolnshire, Libertyville, Skokie, Evanston, Palatine, Schaumburg, Elk Grove Village, Rolling Meadows, and the Northern and Northwest Chicago Suburbs. To learn more, schedule a consultation online, or call our office today at 847-259-6988.