Thanks to modern technology, cosmetic dental procedures are not only more durable and simpler than they have ever been but they also appear more natural-looking. Cosmetic dentistry treatments can be used to lighten, smooth, and straighten the appearance of teeth, providing a beautiful, youthful smile that can help you feel like a new you.
Dr. Brent Engelberg of AH Smiles, a respected dental practice of Arlington Heights, IL, can beautify your smile with these innovative procedures while also preserving as much of the natural tooth structure as possible which is better for your oral health.
Popular Cosmetic Treatment Options
Dr. Engelberg offers the following popular cosmetic dentistry treatments in his Arlington Heights, IL office:
- Dental Crowns: These ceramic prosthetic tooth surfaces are fitted over the top of structurally damaged teeth to reinforce them, protecting them from further damage while also improving their outward appearance.
- Teeth Whitening: Age along with normal eating and drinking habits can leave you with stained enamel which means a less than appealing smile. Professional teeth whitening treatments involve applying a bleaching gel to your enamel and activating it with the application of a special no-heat lamp. One professional whitening treatment can lighten your teeth by several shades.
- Dental Implants: Missing teeth can not only make you self-conscious about your smile but can also make it difficult to eat and lead to serious health issues as well. Dental implants are prosthetic teeth with artificial titanium roots that are surgically implanted to replace missing teeth. Once the site is healed, implants look, feel, and work exactly like your natural teeth.
- Invisible Braces: Crooked teeth not only increase the risk of tooth decay and gum disease as they are more difficult to properly clean but also cause excessive wear and tear on your teeth. Invisible braces are clear plastic appliances designed to gradually and gently reposition your teeth to eliminate crowding and gaps and improve your bite over the course of 9 to 18 months.
- Fillings: Dental fillings remain one of the most common dental treatments today- and one that most people will receive at some point in their lives. Fillings are made with enamel-colored composite resin and used to repair cavities in tooth enamel. As this can improve the appearance of teeth, they can be considered both restorative and cosmetic treatments.
- Porcelain Veneers: Porcelain veneers are porcelain coverings that resemble natural teeth that are placed over the top of damaged, chipped or crooked teeth, and fastened in place using a bonded adhesive. Veneers can give a “fresh face” to an arch of damaged or stained teeth. If teeth whitening procedures have been unsuccessful for you, porcelain veneers are a viable alternative.
- Minimal Prep Veneers: Similar to porcelain veneers, minimal prep dental veneers are intended to cover the front and sides of the teeth. These veneers are made from an ultra-thin, high-quality ceramic material that will reflect light much like your natural teeth. Minimal prep veneers can provide results that will naturally blend with the rest of your smile.
- Composite Bonding: Composite dental bonding is when composite resin is used to reshape or alter the appearance of chipped, broken, decayed or discolored teeth. A composite material that, once hardened, resembles enamel in both looks and feel is applied to the surface of a tooth or cavity and then shaped by Dr. Engelberg to restore the appearance and structure of the tooth.
AH Smiles’ Cosmetic Services
AH Smiles, the office of Dr. Engelberg in Arlington Heights, IL, also offers a full range of cosmetic treatments to improve the overall appearance of your smile, including your facial structure and skin. Our services include:
- Botox Cosmetic: Botox is an FDA-approved prescription injection that targets specific muscle groups. Botox contains botulinum toxin protein that relaxes muscle contractions which can improve the appearance and amount of facial lines that come with age.
- Kybella®: Kybella® is a nonsurgical, minimally invasive injectable treatment that can actually destroy the fat cells under the chin. Cosmetic dentist Dr. Brent Engelberg is trained in the administration of Kybella for effective and natural results. Dr. Engelberg is very skilled in creating an aesthetically pleasing facial balance.
- Facial Fillers: Facial fillers are a popular non-invasive, non-surgical treatment for fine lines of the face. With facial fillers, the results can be long-lasting, with many patients retaining their results for up to one year post-treatment. After initial treatment, you will need touch-up treatments but less filler is often needed to maintain your results.
Schedule a Consultation
Whether you need to have a tooth replaced or repaired, are interested in smoother skin, or just want to improve the overall aesthetics of your smile, AH Smiles is here to help. Our conscientious staff is prepared to help you with all of your dental needs and concerns in a caring and hygienic environment. We take the utmost care to maintain the safety of our clients during this challenging time. If you are looking for expert dental care in the Chicago area, contact our Arlington Heights, IL office at (847) 230-9703, or schedule an appointment online to feel like a new you today!