How do you feel about the appearance of your smile? We often visit with patients that have serious reservations about their smiles due to discoloration. To address this, we may recommend one of two teeth whitening procedures. Do your teeth need whitening? How do you get started?
Try Our Quiz on Teeth Whitening
- True or False: Stained teeth can be the result of our daily habits.
- True or False: We can correct discoloration in one visit.
- True or False: We have an at-home option as well.
- True or False: We can discuss tips for avoiding serious stains down the road.
- True. When we consume foods high in sugar we can develop plaque buildup, which makes discoloration more apparent. In addition, drinks with dark pigments, such as soda, coffee, red wine, or tea can also leave stains behind. Finally, smoking or tobacco use can stain our teeth (and increase the risk of cancer).
- True. We have an in-office procedure that involves coating the teeth in a powerful bleaching gel, which we then activate with a curing light. The entire procedure takes just one visit and in some cases, can brighten teeth by multiple shades.
- True. If you prefer a home-based solution, we can send you home with a custom-made set of trays and a bleaching gel. You then fill the trays with gel and wear them for one to two hours a day over the course of a week to ten days.
- True. Often the same tips for keeping your smile healthy can also help reduce the severity of future stains, such as brushing daily, flossing, and seeing the dentist for routine cleanings.
To learn more about your teeth whitening options in Cook County IL, schedule a consultation online, or call our office today at (847) 230-9703.