Arlington Heights, IL dentist, Dr. Brent Engelberg offers a full range of general dental services from routine dental cleanings to dental fillings and periodontal therapy. General dentistry is the foundation of helping patients maintain a healthy smile for a lifetime and focuses on disease prevention.
Dr. Engelberg and the experienced staff of Arlington Heights Smiles also consider patient education to be an important part of their preventive care protocol and take the time to provide personalized hygiene tips for each individual patient, tailored to their unique oral health needs.
General Dentistry Services
Dr. Engelberg is dedicated to helping you maintain lasting dental health with the advanced techniques, materials and oral hygiene products. Your routine dental visits will include:
- dental examination
- professional cleaning
- periodontal screening
- oral cancer screening
- diagnostic x-rays (as needed)
Routine visits to our Arlington Heights dentist office provide the opportunity for Dr. Engelberg to spot dental problems in the early stage, when conservative treatment options can be most effective. We may notice subtle changes in your gum tissue, appearance of the tongue, or overall dental health that can be an indication of a larger health concern. Certain medical conditions may show early warning signs in the mouth and early treatment can offer the best prognosis or avoid complications.
Dr. Engelberg considers himself a partner in your overall health care, emphasizing the important role that your oral health plays in overall health and well being. Routine visits enable us to get to know you, understand your concerns and monitor your dental health. You know that to maintain optimal oral health you should see the dentist at least once every six months. Outside of this, you should also see your dentist should any worrying symptoms develop that could indicate a potential problem. There are a number of reasons to see a dentist, from persistent toothaches to unexplained jaw pain.
Reasons to See a Dentist
- Tooth sensitivity and/or toothaches: When your teeth hurt this could be the result of injury or even a sinus infection. However, other causes of tooth pain or sensitivity may include a dental cavity or possibly an infection. If you notice any discomfort in or around your tooth we suggest seeing a dentist for a thorough exam and diagnosis.
- Sore jaw: If you notice soreness in your jaw, or difficulty opening and closing your mouth, you may need to see the dentist. TMJ disorder and bruxism can both lead to soreness in the jaw and serious complications if ignored. The doctor can examine your jaw to see if you need treatment for either of these issues.
- Chronic headaches: Along with a sore jaw, persistent headaches can also be an indicator of jaw joint strain, such as caused by TMJ disorder, or teeth grinding (bruxism). As we mentioned above, the doctor can diagnose the cause of your discomfort and if he discovers TMJ issues to bruxism, recommend the appropriate treatments.
- Missing teeth: Even if you lose a single tooth, don’t delay treatment. Over time tooth loss can lead to misalignment, problems eating and speaking clearly, and if you lose multiple teeth you could even develop and older appearance due to facial collapse.
- Damaged teeth: If you chip or break a tooth always schedule a visit. A damaged tooth exposes the sensitive inner structure to harmful bacteria, increasing the risk of cavities and infection.
Schedule An Appointment
Looking for a new dentist in Arlington Heights, Illinois? New patients are welcome and we work with patients who have been away from the dentist due to anxiety and fear, helping them to restore a healthy, functional smile. Arlington Heights Smiles serves many local communities including Long Grove, IL, Deerfield, IL, Northbrook, IL, Buffalo Grove, IL and Arlington Heights, IL. We accept most dental insurance and offer financing to help patients budget their dental care.
Call our office at (847) 230-9703 or use our online request form and we will contact you shortly.