Discolored and stained teeth can lend a more aged appearance and be the cause of embarrassment for many patients. Cosmetic and restorative dentist Dr. Brent Engelberg offers a range of treatment options to brighten your smile and restore a more youthful look. Your treatment will depend on the root cause of your tooth staining and your desired result.
Common Reasons for Discolored Teeth
There are a range of reasons for discoloration and staining of the teeth and Dr. Engelberg will perform a thorough exam to assess your dental health, discuss your cosmetic goals and determine the most effective treatment option for your unique needs.
- Medical conditions
- Certain medications, such as tetracycline
- Smoking and tobacco use
- Dark beverages and foods such as wine, tea and coffee
Treatment Options for Discolored Teeth
For patients with otherwise healthy teeth, Zoom teeth whitening can remove stains from common lifestyle habits and the natural darkening that occurs with aging. Dr. Engelberg offers an in office treatment that can provide dramatic results for most patients with little to no side effects such as increased sensitivity. Dr. Engelberg also offers a customized take home option which can be used alone for a more gradual result or after your Zoom in office treatment to maximize and maintain a bright, white smile.
If it is determined that a tooth whitening treatment is not an option for your specific type of tooth discoloration or cosmetic needs, Dr. Engelberg may recommend a cosmetic dental procedure that can provide more permanent results:
- Tooth bonding: for white spots that are often difficult to treat, a cosmetic tooth bonding may be used to resurface the tooth and provide an even color tone
- Dental veneers: using porcelain or minimal prep veneers, Dr. Engelberg can make over a dull, discolored smile
- Dental crowns: for a single stained tooth, a dental crown can be color matched to your remaining teeth for an aesthetic result
Schedule An Appointment
Are you ready for a confidence boost with a bright, white smile? Come in for a consultation with Dr. Engelberg and learn more about your treatment options. Call our office at (847) 230-9703 today. Arlington Heights Smiles serves many local communities near you including Long Grove, Deerfield, Northbrook, Buffalo Grove, Arlington Heights and many other local Chicago suburbs.