Crooked teeth implants your smile’s appearance, sense of confidence, and overall oral health. In addition, crooked and misaligned teeth are underlying causes of dental problems that can also affect the bite. Dr. Brent Engelberg offers solutions for crooked teeth to enhance your natural smile, and prevent future oral health issues from crooked teeth.
Treatment for Crooked Teeth in Arlington Heights, IL
There are several options for treating crooked or misaligned teeth and Dr. Engelberg will recommend the one that is most suited to your dental health, cosmetic goals and budget after a consultation. He will take the time to thoroughly evaluate your entire occlusal system to look for any additional dental problems that should be addressed to ensure a lasting result.
Depending on your unique needs, Dr. Engelberg may recommend:
- Dental veneers: Veneers can be used to change the shape of the teeth and provide a more stable biting surface when there are no other bite concerns.
- Dental crowns: Covering a misshapen tooth with a custom dental crown can help to realign the teeth and improve the appearance of your smile.
- Tooth bonding: For minor imperfections that can make teeth appear crooked, cosmetic bonding can reshape and restore your tooth for a more comfortable and aesthetically pleasing smile.
- Orthodontics: Dr. Engelberg is a Chicago area Invisalign provider and may recommend this clear aligner treatment for teens and adults.
Why Straighten Crooked Teeth?
Crooked teeth can present a wide range of problems for your overall oral health:
- Tooth decay: Crooked teeth are often difficult to effectively clean and floss, leading to an increased risk of decay and cavities, especially between the teeth.
- Bite disorders: Crooked teeth can affect the balance of the bite, leading to problems such as teeth grinding and TMJ.
- Tooth damage: Uneven biting forces can cause teeth to chip or crack over time.
Crooked Teeth FAQs
Will crooked teeth straighten out?
If a child’s permanent teeth begin to come in and they are misaligned, do not be alarmed. Teeth may straighten out as they continue to grow. Many patients’ teeth progressively straighten out.
What is the fastest method to straighten crooked teeth?
The two fastest, and most common methods to straighten teeth are braces and Invisalign. Invisalign may be a little bit faster. Typical treatment time is 12 months. Metal braces treatment times range from 6-36 months.
What causes crooked teeth?
Crooked teeth can be caused by a variety of things. They can be genetic, or could be caused by poorly fit dental restorations, gingivitis, or teeth grinding.