We have a number of different procedures designed to improve the beauty of your smile, such as teeth whitening or dental bonding. However, we can also place a custom-made restoration to completely reshape the teeth and mask discoloration. How do veneers make smiles beautiful? What does creating and placing them involve?
Try Our Quiz on Porcelain Veneers
- True or False: We can use restorations to address multiple cosmetic issues.
- True or False: Veneers are made from lifelike materials.
- True or False: Each restoration is custom-made.
- True or False: We also offer a minimal prep alternative.
- True. We can place them to mask intrinsic teeth stains. This form of discoloration may not respond to traditional teeth whitening. The restoration also closes any gaps between the teeth, reshapes malformed teeth, and can even correct the appearance of minor alignment problems.
- True. We use porcelain for several reasons. First, the material is stain-resistant and can mimic the appearance of natural tooth enamel. We can even shade it to better blend with your smile. The material is also durable, withstanding bite forces and pressure, allowing the restoration to potentially last for decades.
- True. We prepare the teeth receiving them by removing a thin layer of enamel, We then take detailed impressions. At a dental lab, the impressions are used to create your custom veneers. As a result, they will be tailored for your smile.
- True. The minimal prep version is significantly thinner. As a result, we don’t have to remove any tooth structure in the preparation process. For some patients, this is preferable. We can help you decide which version will best address your cosmetic issues, porcelain veneers or the minimal prep version.
Learn more with a visit to AH Smiles. Schedule a consultation online, or call our office today at (847) 230-9703.