Few dental procedures are as misunderstood as root canal therapy. Without a doubt, one of the more important restorative procedures, many people assume this treatment is painful to endure. In reality, most people would compare receiving one to receiving a simple dental filling. With this endodontic treatment, we can preserve your natural teeth and protect you from the major discomfort of an untreated infected tooth.
Try Our Quiz on Root Canal Therapy
- True or False: We can use the procedure to address infection.
- True or False: We take steps to ensure you’re comfortable.
- True or False: The procedure ends with a custom crown being placed.
- True or False: There are multiple warning signs of dental infection.
- True. An infection requires more than just a filling to treat. Fortunately, we can use root canal therapy to remove the infected tissue from the tooth. We can also address dental abscesses. After removing the infected tissue, we thoroughly clean the tooth and place a restorative material, known as gutta percha, inside the tooth.
- True. Before opening the tooth and removing the infection, we first administer a local anesthetic to ensure the patient stays comfortable. We can also help patients with anxiety say relaxed with dental sedation. We want you to enjoy a relaxing and calm experience.
- True. After the restorative material cures, we complete the process by placing a dental crown. Custom-made using lifelike material, we can create and place the crown in the same visit. Your tooth is then protected from further decay or infection. In addition, your newly restored tooth will blend with the rest of your smile.
- True. When you notice sudden discomfort, such as a toothache, tooth sensitivity, or pain when eating, schedule a visit. We can address the source of your discomfort and possibly even prevent the onset of a dental infection.
ABOUT YOUR SCHAUMBURG, IL DENTIST:
Dr. Brent Engelberg and his highly-skilled team proudly serve patients and their families from Arlington Heights, IL, and all surrounding communities, including; Northbrook, Deerfield, Highland Park, Wilmette, Winnetka, Glencoe, Vernon Hills, Lincolnshire, Libertyville, Skokie, Evanston, Palatine, Schaumburg, Elk Grove Village, Rolling Meadows, and the Northern and Northwest Chicago Suburbs. To learn more, schedule a consultation online, or call our office today at (847) 230-9703.