We provide a wide array of restorations, including lifelike fillings and even dental inlays and onlays to repair cavities and restore function to the teeth. However, for more serious cases we may recommend a dental crown, which fits over the entirety of your tooth’s visible portion. Right now, we can offer patients same-day dental crowns using CEREC technology.
Try Our Quiz on Same Day Dental Crowns
- True or False: We can address multiple cosmetic concerns.
- True or False: They can last decades.
- True or False: We can create them in one visit.
- True or False: The completed restoration will look natural
- True. Since a dental crown completely covers the visible parts of your tooth, we can completely reshape it. We can then repair minor and serious chips, fractures, and breaks. We can also address advanced tooth decay and dental infection. If you have actually lost a tooth, they can be used to restore a single tooth dental implant or to anchor a dental bridge in place.
- True. Once placed, they have the potential to last for decades with proper care and attention. This means you need to brush your teeth twice a day and floss once a day, as well as see your dentist every six months for checkups and dental cleanings.
- True. Using CEREC technology, we will prepare the teeth and then take digital impressions. Next, we use the digital images to create a 3D model. The model is then uploaded and used by the CEREC machine to mill the restoration from a solid block of ceramic. We then check and fit and place the completed crown, all in the same visit.
- True. We use ceramic due to the material’s strength and lifelike appearance.
ABOUT YOUR HIGHLAND PARK, IL DENTIST:
Dr. Brent Engelberg and his highly-skilled team proudly serve patients and their families from Arlington Heights, IL, and all surrounding communities, including; Northbrook, Deerfield, Highland Park, Wilmette, Winnetka, Glencoe, Vernon Hills, Lincolnshire, Libertyville, Skokie, Evanston, Palatine, Schaumburg, Elk Grove Village, Rolling Meadows, and the Northern and Northwest Chicago Suburbs. To learn more, schedule a consultation online, or call our office today at (847) 230-9703.