When you have teeth that are crooked or crowded, you need orthodontic treatment to address the problem. An uneven smile not only impacts your appearance, but your overall oral health as well. Fortunately, we can help correct misalignment, and better yet, we can do this without metal braces! In today’s blog, we’re looking at correcting smiles with Invisalign clear aligners.
Try Our Quiz on Invisalign
- True or False: The aligners will be custom-made.
- True or False: Treatment involves wearing them every day.
- True or False: You won’t have to alter your daily habits.
- True or False: Treatment is often shorter than the time required for metal braces.
- True. We will take detailed impressions of your smile using an intraoral camera. These digital images will be gathered quickly and comfortably. They will then be used at an Invisalign lab to design and create your aligners. The custom-crafted nature means they will first comfortably and ensure quality treatment.
- True. You will need to wear your aligners every day for around 20 to 23 hours. About every two weeks, you will upgrade to a new set as your teeth are gradually and gently moved to optimal positions.
- True. You won’t need to cut sticky or hard foods from your diets, as you can simply remove your orthodontics before you eat. Being able to remove them also makes brushing and flossing your teeth during treatment much simpler, improving oral health along the way.
- True. Treatment typically takes a year for adults and up to 18 months for teens. However, the exact time frame will depend on the cause and extent of your misalignment.
To learn more, schedule a consultation online, or call our office today at (847) 230-9703.