If you have experienced a chipped tooth, schedule a visit with Dr. Brent Engelberg in Arlington Heights, IL. Dr. Engelberg will fully examine the teeth to determine the right solution for your needs. Dr. Engelberg is a trusted, experienced dentist who is dedicated to helping you achieve a healthy, beautiful smile.
What causes chipped teeth?
In most cases, chipped teeth are the result of dental trauma or accidents. In other cases, chipped, broken, or fractured teeth may be caused by:
- Tooth decay
- Crooked teeth
- Clenching or grinding the teeth
- Using the teeth as tools
Can I prevent chipped teeth?
- If your chipped teeth are caused by an underlying dental concern, it is important to schedule regular visits to the dentist. Dr. Engelberg recommends patients visit our office every six months for a preventive care exam.
- Avoid using the teeth as tools. Do not use the teeth to open packages or other items.
- Use proper protection. If you play contact sports, it is imperative that you use a mouthguard to help protect the teeth.
- Correct crooked or misaligned teeth. Dr. Engelberg offers a full range of services to treat patients with crooked teeth. Depending on your need, Dr. Engelberg may suggest dental veneers, dental bonding, dental crown, or Invisalign to correct your smile.
How to treat a chipped tooth?
Your treatment will depend on the size, location, and extent of damage to the teeth. If there is advanced damage to the tooth, Dr. Engelberg will determine if the tooth can be saved. If not, Dr. Engelberg may recommend advanced treatment to restore health to your smile.
If tooth damage is minor to moderate, Dr. Engelberg may suggest porcelain veneers, dental crowns, or dental bonding to address your oral needs.
Schedule a Consultation
If you are have experienced damage to the teeth, visit AH Smiles in Arlington Heights, IL. Dr. Engelberg leads a team of highly trained professionals who are committed to proving exceptional dental care. We are a full-service dental facility in Arlington Heights. If you would like to schedule an appointment, call 847.230.9703 or schedule an appointment online.