Dental crowns are one of the most commonly performed dental procedures, but many people still misunderstand their use and purpose. Whenever teeth are badly damaged, cracked, broken, or misshapen, crowns are the most effective solution to restore their appearance, shape, and alignment of a damaged tooth.
Dr. Brent Engelberg of AH Smiles in Arlington Heights, IL is a skilled and experienced dentist who proudly offers same-day dental crowns using cutting edge CEREC technology to repair your damaged smile.
How Do Dental Crowns Work?
Crowns fit over the top of a compromised tooth to protect the sensitive tissue inside. The damaged tooth is prepared and then the crown is fitted over top and held on with an adhesive cement. Once attached, the crown holds the natural tooth together and prevents it from breaking apart further.
Dental crowns are made of durable materials such as porcelain, resin, or a composite material that is strong enough handle biting and chewing. After a crown is cemented to the tooth, it is essentially part of the tooth.
When Are Dental Crowns Used?
A dental crown may be recommended or placed for a wide range of reasons:
- After a root canal
- Final restoration of a dental implant
- Discolored tooth
- Misshapen tooth
- Damaged tooth
- Decayed tooth
Same-Day Dental Crowns in Arlington Heights, IL
Dental crowns are custom fitted to each patient’s teeth, and in the past had to be designed in a lab. Now, AH Smiles offers same day dental crowns, where cutting edge, digital technology is used to create the crown for your tooth. This technology is called CEREC (Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics) and it offers several key benefits:
- Digital impressions provide more accurate treatment planning and are more comfortable than traditional methods
- 3-D imagery creates multi-dimensional images of the mouth, allowing the dentist to design the restoration with precision.
- CEREC creates high-quality porcelain and zirconia dental crowns for durable, comfortable, and aesthetically pleasing results
- Restorations can be completed in a single office visit, eliminating the need for uncomfortable temporary crowns or coming in for multiple office visits
Schedule a Consultation in Arlington Heights, IL
You don’t have to live with the discomfort of a damaged tooth. Dental crowns, when created with CEREC, can offer you a more comfortable and healthy smile in just one office visit. If you’re in the Arlington Heights, IL area, schedule a consultation online with Dr. Engelberg at AH Smiles or call us at (847) 230-9703 today.