Teeth whitening is one of the most common cosmetic treatments requested today, providing a quick, economic and painless smile makeover. Teeth whitening can boost your confidence in your appearance for that special occasion and social and professional interaction.
Arlington Heights cosmetic dentist Dr. Brent Engelberg offers teeth whitening treatment options to suit your cosmetic needs and budget. During a consultation, Dr. Engelberg will evaluate your dental health and discuss your goals to determine if a teeth whitening treatment is right for you.
While teeth whitening is effective for most patients, there are certain types of teeth staining that may not respond to treatment. Dr. Engelberg will suggest alternative treatment options to address discolored teeth with deep stains and imperfections, such as porcelain veneers, dental crowns, and tooth bonding.
Ways to Keep Your Smile Bright
If you’ve recently undergone a teeth whitening procedure, you’re probably very happy with your smile’s appearance. You will want your smile to remain bright and attractive for a long time. How do you help ensure your results last? There are several ways to keep your smile bright and help your results last for longer periods of time.
- Brush properly: Seriously, brush your teeth correctly, and you can help your smile stay bright for longer periods. Over time, plaque can accumulate on the teeth. This sticky biofilm can make discoloration more apparent. However, brushing your teeth reduces the severity of plaque buildup.
- Quit smoking: Smoking can leave unsightly yellow stains on the surface of your teeth. However, there are more important reasons to quit. Tobacco also increases the risk of lung and oral cancer.
- Avoid drinks with dark pigments: Drinks such as soda, coffee, tea, and red wine contain dark pigments that can stain teeth. Instead, try drinking more water. In addition, drinks with a high sugar content (soda, energy drinks, some fruit juices) can also lead to a greater risk of plaque buildup and cavities.
- Don’t forget to floss: Flossing removes food and sugar particles between your teeth, reducing the severity of plaque buildup. In addition, flossing also decreases the risk of tooth decay and gum disease.
- See your doctor for routine cleanings: Once plaque hardens into tartar, no amount of brushing and flossing can remove it. However, a dental cleaning can remove tartar and allow the doctor to polish your teeth, making a more attractive and brighter smile. Contact our office today if you have questions or want to learn more about teeth whitening.
In-Office Teeth Whitening at AH Smiles
The Zoom Whitening procedure is simple and painless. The active ingredient in Zoom is pH-balanced hydrogen peroxide that gently penetrates teeth to remove deep stains and discoloration when activated by a special light.
For in-office whitening, we recommend patients start with a cleaning. Next, we prepare the mouth for the whitening procedure by isolating the lips and gums. We apply the proprietary Zoom Whitening to the teeth, we activate with a specially designed light.
Teeth typically become at least six to ten shades whiter – sometimes more! A five-minute fluoride treatment completes the procedure. In most cases, your teeth will continue to whiten in the first few days following the procedure.
Dr. Engelberg may also recommend take-home trays to maintain your newly whitened smile and provides them for free during the in-office whitening process!
Take-Home Teeth Whitening Options
For a more gradual teeth whitening treatment in the comfort of your own home, Dr. Engelberg offers options for customized take-home kits. Dr. Engelberg offers Nite White®, Day White®, and Opalescence ® lines of at-home teeth whitening products. All three systems use a custom gel tray specifically designed to fit each patient’s smile to reduce irritation of the gums and ensure an even application for optimal results.
Nite White® is used overnight, and Day White® can be used during the day, achieving excellent results with just two 30-minute treatments. Opalescence® has various options depending on your sensitivity level and preference for time of day to wear the custom trays.
Schedule A Teeth Whitening Consultation Today
If you are looking for a dentist to brighten your smile in as little as one visit, contact Dr. Engelberg at AH Smiles! Dr. Engelberg’s Chicago area dentist office is now accepting new teeth whitening patients in Long Grove, Deerfield, Northbrook, Buffalo Grove, Arlington Heights, and many other surrounding Northwest neighborhoods.