We believe that every aspect of dentistry can be cosmetic. For example, when we perform restorative procedures, we strive to ensure these repairs look natural and blend with the patient’s smile. When we rebuild damaged teeth, we employ techniques and restorations using lifelike materials and digital impressions, creating custom crowns and veneers. In today’s quiz, we’re taking a look at exactly how we rebuild damaged teeth.
Try Our Quiz on Rebuilding Damaged Teeth
- 1. True or False: Broken/cracked teeth can become decayed.
- True or False: We can use dental bonding to repair damaged teeth.
- True or False: We can place a crown in one visit.
- True or False: Veneers can address minor esthetic concerns, such as chips.
- True. Hen a tooth is damaged, then the protective outer layer of enamel can become compromised. As a result, harmful bacteria can then reach the more sensitive layers of inner tooth structure, allowing decay and eventually infection to occur. When you damage a tooth, even if the chip seems minimal, you should still see your dentist right away.
- True. Bonding involves applying a composite resin to the tooth. As the material cures under a light, the dentist can sculpt the tooth. Finally, the tooth will be polished for a more natural appearance. In one visit we can repair minor damage.
- True. Using CEREC technology, we take digital impression of a prepared tooth and create a 3D model. The CEREC machine then uses the computer model we created to mill the custom restoration from ceramic, a lifelike and durable material. In the same visit, we place the completed restoration.
- True. Veneers cover the front and sides of the teeth and look very natural. We can use them to address minor chips in the tooth.
ABOUT YOUR ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, IL DENTIST:
Dr. Brent Engelberg and his highly-skilled team proudly serve patients and their families from Arlington Heights, IL, and all surrounding communities, including; Northbrook, Deerfield, Highland Park, Wilmette, Winnetka, Glencoe, Vernon Hills, Lincolnshire, Libertyville, Skokie, Evanston, Palatine, Schaumburg, Elk Grove Village, Rolling Meadows, and the Northern and Northwest Chicago Suburbs. To learn more, schedule a consultation online, or call our office today at (847) 230-9703.