Have you ever heard of dental veneers? Instead of targeting decay, like a filling, or covering the entire visible portion of your tooth, like a crown, they cover the front and sides alone. In doing so, they can completely transform your smile. How do you change your smile with veneers?
Try Our Quiz on Changing Smiles with Veneers
- True or False: We prepare the teeth before placing veneers.
- True or False: We also have a minimal prep veneers version.
- True or False: We can address more than one cosmetic issue.
- True or False: Good oral hygiene helps safeguard your restorations.
- True. For traditional veneers, we must first remove an outer layer of enamel, which makes room for the new restoration. We then take detailed impressions, which will be used in the design process. Once complete, we can apply the thin restoration with a powerful bonding agent.
- True. Minimally prep veneers are much thinner than the traditional ones, which means we can apply them without preparing the teeth, preserving more of your natural tooth structure in the process. We will still need to take impressions to design them though and they will still be attached to the front and sides of the teeth with a powerful bonding agent.
- True. We can use either option to mask teeth stains, repair malformed or damaged teeth, close any gaps between teeth, or even correct the appearance of minor misalignment.
- True. By caring for your smile as a whole, you can protect your new restorations from plaque buildup. We recommend brushing your teeth twice a day and flossing once a day. You should also see the dentist once every six months for a checkup and cleaning.
About Your Arlington Heights IL Dentist:
Dr. Brent Engelberg is a proud Arlington Heights IL dentist focused on improving your oral health. We provide comprehensive dental care to all ages. To learn more, schedule a consultation online, or call our office today at (847) 230-9703.