With cosmetic dentistry, we help patients obtain beautiful smiles they can be proud to show the world. With one option, veneers, we can actually alter the color and shape of your teeth. What cosmetic issues can you address with them? What’s the difference between traditional and minimal prep veneers?
Try Our Quiz on Traditional and Minimal Prep Veneers
- True or False: Traditional veneers can be placed in just two visits.
- True or False: We can offer a minimal option that doesn’t require loss of tooth structure.
- True or False: They are made from lifelike porcelain.
- True or False: Maintaining them is easy.
- True. We begin by removing a thin layer of tooth structure to make room for the veneer. We will take detailed impressions, which will be used at a dental lab to design and create the restoration. Once complete, we will place it using a powerful bonding agent.
- True. Minimal prep veneers are much, much thinner. Which means we can place them with preparing tooth, preserving your natural tooth structure.
- True. We use porcelain for a number of reasons. First, the material is strong and durable. Porcelain is also stain-resistant and can be shaded to match surrounding teeth. Once placed, the veneer can mask teeth stains, close gaps between teeth, reshape malformed or damaged teeth, and even correct the appearance of minor misalignment.
- True. You simply need to brush and floss regularly, which can protect your new restoration from plaque buildup and gum problems. You should also undergo a routine exam every six months so we can continue to monitor your new veneer.
If you have any questions about porcelain veneers or minimal prep, then contact our team at AH Smiles today.