We care about you, but we only want to see you every six months for a professional cleaning and routine check-up. We have made a list of tips that you can easily do at home to help prevent cavities and even gingivitis.
Here are some simple steps that you can take at home to help prevent cavities and help preserve your smile the way it was intended. Our team at AH Smiles can work with you to improve your dental health and overall wellness. Visit our Arlington Heights, IL dentist office to learn more.
Helpful Tips You Can Do At Home
- Brush Regularly
- You know to brush your teeth at least twice per day. So, let’s make it as easy as possible and associate brushing your teeth with your bed. When you get out of bed in the morning, brush your teeth, and before you get into bed at night, brush your teeth. Simple and crucial to an excellent oral hygiene routine as you do not want any debris leftover in your mouth from the day while you sleep.
- Floss Daily
- Flossing is imperative to a healthy and functional smile that will last a lifetime. Flossing will help remove all the food particles that get stuck in between your teeth, and it will break up any plaque that may be building up in between your teeth.
- Try Using A Mouthwash
- Of course, use a mouthwash that is ADA Approved, and use it after brushing and flossing. Mouthwash will freshen your breath and will wash away any leftover debris that you missed during brushing and flossing.
- Stay Hydrated
- You may not think that staying hydrated will help your oral hygiene but it does! Most counties in America today have added fluoride to the water supply as it is beneficial for your teeth. Also, staying hydrated will help prevent a condition called a dry mouth. Dry mouth can cause other oral health issues such as Halitosis which is more commonly known as bad breath
- Refrain From Tobacco Use
- Everyone knows that smoking is bad for your health, so a simple solution would be to stop, and stop immediately! Not only is smoking an issue, but also are other tobacco products such as e-cigarettes, vapes, and chew. All tobacco products cause dental health concerns such as bad breath, gum disease, tooth decay and also can have life-changing effects on your overall health.
- Regular Visit With AH Smiles
- That’s right, we recommend that you visit us at least every six months. This way we can provide a professional cleaning at least twice per year, and can help identify any issues that may be lingering and stop them before they become an issue.
Schedule An Appointment
If you are experiencing sensitivity in your teeth, you may have a cavity, schedule an appointment at our Arlington Heights, IL dentist office. To schedule an appointment with our team at AH Smiles, call 847.230.9703 or schedule an appointment online.