Do you wonder how a dentist can help whiten smiles? We can offer patients access to professional teeth whitening solutions, which can provide long lasting and serious results, often brightening teeth by multiple shades. We have two different procedures available, which one will work best for you?
Try Our Quiz on Whitening Smiles
- True or False: We can remove stains in a single visit.
- True or False: We have a kit you can use from home.
- True or False: Preventive care can help your results last.
- True. We have in-office option that can remove stains in a single visit. We place a protective covering on the teeth and gums before applying the bleaching gel to the teeth (to avoid sensitivity). We then operate a curing light to activate the bleaching gel, lifting stains from the teeth.
- True. We will send you home with a set of plastic trays and a prescribed bleaching gel. Each day, you will fill the trays with gel and wear them for the amount of time the doctor recommends, usually between one and two hours. Over the course of one to weeks your teeth will be brightened by multiple shades. You can keep the trays and use any remaining gel for touch ups later on.
- True. After treatment, you can take better care of your smile to help your results last longer. We suggest brushing your teeth twice a day and flossing every night, this controls plaque buildup, which can help stains appear. We also recommend seeing the dentist every six months for a through dental cleaning, which can help your smile stay brighter (and healthier!). If you have any questions about whitening, then please contact our office today.
Dr. Brent Engelberg and his highly-skilled team proudly serve Arlington Heights, IL, and all surrounding Chicago communitiesLearn more by scheduling a consultation online, or call our office at (847) 230-9703 today.